Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil stopped working

Hello. So my Apple Pencil nib broke a couple of months ago, I just removed the old broken nib and replaced with a new one from Apple. At first the pencil was working fine but then, out of nowhere, it stopped working. I tightened the nib, I changed it to another one in the pack of 4, I disconnected and then reconnected Bluetooth, I restarted my iPad, and I even updated my iPad to latest software. My pencil still doesn't work. Any thoughts?

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 5:41 AM

Even if the battery shows 100% it can still have a faulty battery.

Has it ever been not connected for a period of time?

Try - Connect Apple Pencil with your iPad – Apple Support

Other than that, you may be best to contact apple support

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 1, 2020 5:39 AM in response to gia40

Should the pencil otherwise “pair” with your iPad and indicate a healthy battery charge - if Pencil tip was physically broken as indicated in your initial post - then it is very likely that the fragile metal transducer that is protected by the pencil tip the pencil has suffered damage.

If the transducer has been damaged or bent, the Pencil will require replacement.

Apple Pencil stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.