Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adobe flash player on updated 14.0 safari

I have to download adobe flash player on my mac for a course that I use safari to get to and it says the new safari 14.0 doesn't load adobe flash player and brought me to this link for extra help?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 9:42 AM

You are in the unenviable position of being stuck between underfunded and/or ignorant educators, and of product deprecations, and will necessarily be providing some feedback to those educators.

Adobe Flash will cease working in three months.

Switching to a different web browser might get you further into that remaining three months, or potentially switching schools if that’s feasible here. But in three months, Adobe indicates that Flash stops working.

The following is from Adobe, highlights mine:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2020 9:42 AM in response to kaylalb01

You are in the unenviable position of being stuck between underfunded and/or ignorant educators, and of product deprecations, and will necessarily be providing some feedback to those educators.

Adobe Flash will cease working in three months.

Switching to a different web browser might get you further into that remaining three months, or potentially switching schools if that’s feasible here. But in three months, Adobe indicates that Flash stops working.

The following is from Adobe, highlights mine:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Oct 1, 2020 9:02 AM in response to kaylalb01

Adobe announced the deprecation of Flash in 2017 and access will be terminated (by Adobe) at the end of this year, and Safari 14 and other web browsers are blocking access to Adobe Flash ahead of that termination.

Another web browser might provide a temporary work-around, but Adobe Flash is gone in ~3 months.

There are folks working on open-source Flash players.

adobe flash player on updated 14.0 safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.