Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 14.0 will no longer load Adobe Flash Player or play Flash content

With the End Of Life date for Adobe Flash Player on the 31 December 2020, I checked the supported browsers. This was stated under Apple Safari: "Apple Safari version 14, released for macOS in September 2020, will no longer load Adobe Flash Player or play Flash content"

Does this mean that if I use Safari regularity, I need to keep Adobe Flash Player installed or does Safari natively do this? I am confused on the wording of the support page.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 9:32 AM

After 12/31/2020 ALL browsers (Mac and PC) will drop support for Flash. Already you can no longer download Flash from Adobe’s website. Any websites or games that have not been updated to modern internet technologies (HTML5) will simply go dark. So not only is there no need to keep Flash Player installed, Adobe themselves strongly recommends that users immediately uninstall Flash Player from their computers. Adobe, in their support document, says they will start blocking Flash media from playing too.

Flash Play is dead and buried. Get rid of it now. It’s just taking up space and is completely useless. If you visit any websites that require Flash those websites will be dead in the water as of 1/1/2021. Adobe gave developers three years notice this was coming. That was plenty of time for developers to update. If they didn’t they are done for.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2020 9:32 AM in response to Braders620

After 12/31/2020 ALL browsers (Mac and PC) will drop support for Flash. Already you can no longer download Flash from Adobe’s website. Any websites or games that have not been updated to modern internet technologies (HTML5) will simply go dark. So not only is there no need to keep Flash Player installed, Adobe themselves strongly recommends that users immediately uninstall Flash Player from their computers. Adobe, in their support document, says they will start blocking Flash media from playing too.

Flash Play is dead and buried. Get rid of it now. It’s just taking up space and is completely useless. If you visit any websites that require Flash those websites will be dead in the water as of 1/1/2021. Adobe gave developers three years notice this was coming. That was plenty of time for developers to update. If they didn’t they are done for.

Safari 14.0 will no longer load Adobe Flash Player or play Flash content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.