Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It may take a few minutes to set up your Apple ID

Brand new iPad 8th Gen and after 3 hours into setup I've still got the spinning wheel saying "It may take a few minutes to set up your Apple ID". Logged into my account online and it shows the new iPad has been added to my account. Tried a restart and it's the same thing. Can't get beyond this message!!

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 10:37 AM

Hi! I've contacted with Apple support, my solution was just to try to set up your iPad without using your Apple ID, and once it's set up you can login in settings. It's been helpful for me! Hope it works!

16 replies

Oct 3, 2020 7:16 AM in response to Pekkodazz

Contact Apple ID Support for assistance.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

Nov 4, 2020 12:01 PM in response to aliO1993

Hi Ali, you can restart the device by clicking on volume button then the power button (you can find how to restart an iPhone on google search)

then when you do the process again, don’t login into the Apple ID , just setup with all other options, it will be fine. Happened with me for 12 pro for 2 hours until I figured the same thing out.hope this helps! :)

Nov 4, 2020 3:56 PM in response to tiger296

I had the same problem, a support chat solved it quickly. Restart, then follow the setup to the point where you would sign in with your Apple ID. Choose Forgot Apple ID or Passsword, and then opt to set it up later in Settings. Follow the rest of the steps until you get to the Home Screen, then go to Settings and finish setting it up, including signing in with your Apple ID.

It may take a few minutes to set up your Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.