Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to allow access to one website only during downtime

my child needs access to one website for a few minutes each day at school. It is a website, not an app. I do not want access to any other web based stuff, just this one website. How do I keep the Internet completely blocked with the exception of one web sight. Again, this is not an app so doesn’t Up here in the allowed apps list like games or social media for instance. thanks.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 11:30 AM

Hi appleLooloo,

We understand you're trying to block access to all but one website on a device. We're happy to help.

To only allow a certain website to work, you'd use the following steps:

1. Go to Settings > Screen Time.
  2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions and enter your Screen Time passcode. 
  3. Tap Content Restrictions, then tap Web Content.
  4. Choose Allowed Websites Only. 

After selecting this option, enter the web address you'd like the device to be able to access then save your changes.

You can find the full guide on using device restrictions here: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We hope this helps. Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2020 11:30 AM in response to appleLooloo

Hi appleLooloo,

We understand you're trying to block access to all but one website on a device. We're happy to help.

To only allow a certain website to work, you'd use the following steps:

1. Go to Settings > Screen Time.
  2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions and enter your Screen Time passcode. 
  3. Tap Content Restrictions, then tap Web Content.
  4. Choose Allowed Websites Only. 

After selecting this option, enter the web address you'd like the device to be able to access then save your changes.

You can find the full guide on using device restrictions here: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We hope this helps. Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.