Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix a 0x8007016A error: The cloud file provider is not running in Windows 10?

I install iCloud on my PC, logged into my iCloud account successfully. I only want access to my iPhoto library store in iCloud. But when I apply my options I get "Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running in Windows 10? I also get a message "Unable to create a directory for iCloud Photos. Restarting you computer might resolve the issue. (Error 376)". There seems to be some articles on line that are referring to Microsoft's OneDrive which is also installed on my PC. My end goal is to see the same photos stored by my iPhone in the iCloud on my PC.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 3:12 PM

azookazoo Said:

"How do I fix a 0x8007016A error: The cloud file provider is not running in Windows 10?: [...]My end goal is to see the same photos stored by my iPhone in the iCloud on my PC."

-------

What to Do: Screenshot

1. Go Here: What do the OneDrive error codes mean? - Microsoft Support
  2. Click: Error Codes tab
  3. Click: Error Code 0x8007016a
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2020 3:12 PM in response to azookazoo

azookazoo Said:

"How do I fix a 0x8007016A error: The cloud file provider is not running in Windows 10?: [...]My end goal is to see the same photos stored by my iPhone in the iCloud on my PC."

-------

What to Do: Screenshot

1. Go Here: What do the OneDrive error codes mean? - Microsoft Support
  2. Click: Error Codes tab
  3. Click: Error Code 0x8007016a
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

How do I fix a 0x8007016A error: The cloud file provider is not running in Windows 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.