Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

camera

My iPhone XS camera is shattered. On the website, I can't find how much it would cost to solve this problem, or if it is even possible. Can anyone help me?

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 6:24 AM

Hey!

Regarding your question, Apple or AASPs won't replace the camera lens on the iPhone. You'd have to get a unit replacement. If you have AppleCare, I'm not sure it will cover the unit replacement, but it might. If it doesn't, you can expect around $549, and if you choose to go through an AASP, you may have to pay a diagnostics fee (usually $40 depending on where you go).

However, if AppleCare does cover it, it'll be a flat fee of $99.

Check out Apple's website! iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support and look under Other Repairs.

Best of luck!

-- TurtleGlo

EDIT: I forgot to mention tax. If the AppleCare does cover it, it can be around $107.17, but that varies by state.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2020 6:24 AM in response to suzeri

Hey!

Regarding your question, Apple or AASPs won't replace the camera lens on the iPhone. You'd have to get a unit replacement. If you have AppleCare, I'm not sure it will cover the unit replacement, but it might. If it doesn't, you can expect around $549, and if you choose to go through an AASP, you may have to pay a diagnostics fee (usually $40 depending on where you go).

However, if AppleCare does cover it, it'll be a flat fee of $99.

Check out Apple's website! iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support and look under Other Repairs.

Best of luck!

-- TurtleGlo

EDIT: I forgot to mention tax. If the AppleCare does cover it, it can be around $107.17, but that varies by state.

camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.