Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set up new iPad Pro with the wrong iCloud backup. How do I correct the set up with the right backup?

Set up new Ipad Pro with the wrong iCloud backup. How do I correct the set up with the right backup?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 6:33 AM

The easiest method is to wipe the iPad - and set-up again from the initial “Hello” screen using the correct AppleID and associated backup.

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Using this procedure will also ensure that an Activation Locks, associated with your earlier attempt, are properly deactivated.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2020 6:33 AM in response to Dataipad

The easiest method is to wipe the iPad - and set-up again from the initial “Hello” screen using the correct AppleID and associated backup.

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Using this procedure will also ensure that an Activation Locks, associated with your earlier attempt, are properly deactivated.

Set up new iPad Pro with the wrong iCloud backup. How do I correct the set up with the right backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.