Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my iPhone hacked?

I watched some videos online and I think my iPhone is hacked but I need a little help since I’m really bad at things like this. First of all, the trusted device list is not available and I remember that Apple should verified your old Apple ID password before changing a new one but it takes me to the changing password page right away before verifying my old Apple ID. Second, it took some screen shots that I don’t remember I did. Last of all, my iPhone sent an message to my friend on discord while I was typing her (the message that I sent was a message that I copied earlier.) if my iPhone is hacked then what should I do? (I changed my phone last month because my old iPhone was acting weird. I’ve changed a new one since I’ve used it for 4 years. )

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 7:23 AM

Hey there!

I can definitely understand how this can be concerning. Fortunately, as long as your iPhone isn't jailbroken, then there's not really a way someone can hack into it. Ofc, there are a couple of exceptions but these are especially rare and close to impossible.

However, in the event that something is amiss, try restoring the iPhone from a backup ( which means erasing it, then in setup, tap on restore from backup). Or you can try setting it up as new and use a clean slate.

Best of luck!

-- turtleGlo

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2020 7:23 AM in response to I_______need__help

Hey there!

I can definitely understand how this can be concerning. Fortunately, as long as your iPhone isn't jailbroken, then there's not really a way someone can hack into it. Ofc, there are a couple of exceptions but these are especially rare and close to impossible.

However, in the event that something is amiss, try restoring the iPhone from a backup ( which means erasing it, then in setup, tap on restore from backup). Or you can try setting it up as new and use a clean slate.

Best of luck!

-- turtleGlo

Is my iPhone hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.