Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly my Ipad pro 11 2018 wont charge.

Hi all, I had bought a new Apple Ipad pro 11 2018 just over a year ago. Since the last one week, it has suddenly stopped getting charged and I am worried. The device gets charged up to 1% and then it stops charging any further. In a minute or two of usage, ipad conks off.

I showed it at one of the authorized apple service center and they say its a hardware problem and cannot be repaired and can only be replaced which would cost about $600 dollars.

I always trusted Apple products to last long and this is unacceptable from a brand like Apple.

My questions-

Has anyone faced this problem?

Is it true that Ipads cannot be repaired?

Its Just been over a year - 15 months to be precise since I bought it on Amazon.com, is there any way i can apply for a warranty or a free replacement. ?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 12:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 12:35 PM

At least you have a definitive diagnosis as the problem - and can make an objective decision as to how you might now proceed.

If it were my own iPad, I wouldn’t pursue reliance upon a Smart Keyboard as a viable workaround. Either the iPad needs repair (in reality, this would be an “exchange” for a reconditioned iPad of the same model and specification) or a replacement for a new iPad. Even if not for charging, sooner or later you’re going to want/need a working USB-C port.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2020 12:35 PM in response to drkeats09

At least you have a definitive diagnosis as the problem - and can make an objective decision as to how you might now proceed.

If it were my own iPad, I wouldn’t pursue reliance upon a Smart Keyboard as a viable workaround. Either the iPad needs repair (in reality, this would be an “exchange” for a reconditioned iPad of the same model and specification) or a replacement for a new iPad. Even if not for charging, sooner or later you’re going to want/need a working USB-C port.

Oct 3, 2020 11:22 AM in response to LotusPilot

I found out the problem- a hardware problem. The USB C port wont work.

So went to the apple store, charged my ipad with the magic keyboard just enough to back up my ipad.

Now thinking of what to do next about my dearest, my love- ipad. !!

It sickens my heart to see the battery percent reducing, and me being unable to do anything about it.

Cant afford to buy a magic keyboard to just charge my ipad nor pay $449 to repair it.

Suddenly my Ipad pro 11 2018 wont charge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.