Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

decimal separator euro

Hi all

I want to change the decimal & grouping separators for the Euro currency but System Preferences won't allow me. I can change it any way I'd like for US Dollar or any other currency, but the change will simply be refused for Euro currency. I've attached a screenshot. Is this a bug?

Within Numbers, which is the app I'd like the changes to be reflected in, nothing changes either.

(related question: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251002163)

-- Matt

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 3:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 3:51 AM

Hi Matt,

You can change the Language & Region of a single Numbers document without changing your System Preferences.

For example, French:

Tested in Numbers 10.2 under macOS Catalina 10.15.4

From memory, the Language & Region feature for individual Numbers documents was introduced in earlier versions of Numbers.

Please reply with questions.

Regards,

Ian.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2020 3:51 AM in response to neut1988

Hi Matt,

You can change the Language & Region of a single Numbers document without changing your System Preferences.

For example, French:

Tested in Numbers 10.2 under macOS Catalina 10.15.4

From memory, the Language & Region feature for individual Numbers documents was introduced in earlier versions of Numbers.

Please reply with questions.

Regards,

Ian.

Oct 3, 2020 9:38 AM in response to neut1988

Does the problem go away if you set your region to United States on the non-advanced settings? I cannot duplicate the problem and I wonder if the region makes a difference. Not that this will solve your problem but at least it narrows down what the bug is so it can be reported and duplicated. From the "CEST" I see in your settings I am guessing somewhere in Europe. There is not a draconian law that requires you to format currency a certain way, right?

decimal separator euro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.