Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download to Mojave app store on Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1)

(also posted on "Ask Different" Stack Exchange)

Hello

I bought a second-hand Mac Pro 5,1 (ex- 4,1) which had Mojave installed . I could not get App Store to download any apps - various error messages including "Download cancelled". I am able to successfully sign on to my apple account through the web and App Store "view information" prompts me for my AppleID and I successfully log on. So I have an active AppleID connected to my Paypal account.

I have successfuly installed freeware apps such as Unigine Heaven outside of the App Store.

I reinstalled Mojave and have booted from the new drive - having removed the previous drive - so I know the Machine is running from a "clean install"

For what it is worth , the machine has 24Gb of RAM and a Sapphire RX580 video card.

I have copied part of the console log - which contains messages relating the App Store - but I don't know if these indicate any errors.

See: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0wHQumB_eDihmLMHhjx5tZq2Q#console%5Flog

There are many postings on various forums about problems with accessing Apps Store over Mojave and I have tried all the suggested fixes which are "guaranteed" to fix the problem - and none had any effect.

Do any of the attached messages give a clue as to what the problem might be failing to access App Store on the MacPro/Mojave?

Thanks,

Clive

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 8:02 PM

I installed Catalina using the "Dosdude1 Catalina patcher". The Mac Pro 5,1 (ex 4,1) boots, is stable and I have successfully downloaded 3 software applications from App store. What an amazing achievement that patcher is.

Similar questions

5 replies

Cannot download to Mojave app store on Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.