Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

network printer

Since I upgraded to Mac OS Catalina I am unable to print to network printer - even though the system indicates it is still connected - and acts like it's printing.

does anyone have a suggestion to fix?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 10:14 AM

It may help to remove the printer from your system (through System Preferences), restart the computer, and then reinstall the printer. Even if the printer driver installer won't run under Catalina (that might be the case if it is very old) the printer may still work with the built in Apple printer drivers. I have a Canon 8120 printer/scanner from 2011 that claims to work through Mac OS 10.6, but it is still working fine (printing and scanning) under Catalina.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2020 10:14 AM in response to 1Apple-Core

It may help to remove the printer from your system (through System Preferences), restart the computer, and then reinstall the printer. Even if the printer driver installer won't run under Catalina (that might be the case if it is very old) the printer may still work with the built in Apple printer drivers. I have a Canon 8120 printer/scanner from 2011 that claims to work through Mac OS 10.6, but it is still working fine (printing and scanning) under Catalina.

network printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.