Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Closing apps

I have an iPhone 11 running the current IOS. I need to close down an app. I did what Apple suggested as in swiping up from the bottom of the home screen but nothing happens. I can swipe every direction except from the bottom up. So what am I missing? Thanks

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 11:24 AM

Do you pause slightly as described in How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support ?

See the excerpt below:

1. On an iPhone X or later, or an iPad with iOS 12 or later, or iPadOS, from the Home screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause slightly in the middle of the screen. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, double-click the Home button to show your most recently used apps

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2020 11:24 AM in response to Diane1349

Do you pause slightly as described in How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support ?

See the excerpt below:

1. On an iPhone X or later, or an iPad with iOS 12 or later, or iPadOS, from the Home screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause slightly in the middle of the screen. On an iPhone 8 or earlier, double-click the Home button to show your most recently used apps

Closing apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.