Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple.Safari.SafeBrowsing.Service is eating RAM

I have a process in Activity Monitor called "apple.Safari.SafeBrowsing.Service" it keeps using more & more RAM ... I can watch it's RAM usage going up by the second. It gets to the point of using 98% of my RAM & my MAC is then unusable. How can I stop this from happening?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 6:15 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Oct 5, 2020 3:31 PM in response to SidiBombay

You don't need to do anything. Just boot into Safe Mode and then reboot normally.

Boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down and check there to see if the problem persists.  Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing the following; 
• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party extensions from loading)
• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically
• Disables user-installed fonts 
• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Oct 11, 2020 8:23 AM in response to DavidG74

Hi DavidG74,

Please create your own thread and then please do the following. Do not post your report in this thread as it will confuse the issue with the OP. Your situation is likely completely different even though you share common symptoms with the OP.

Please navigate to the Mac App Store or navigate to www.Etrecheck.com and download the free version of EtreCheck. Once you have you downloaded the app and installed it, please run the report and save it. This report will help us get a good idea what has been installed on your system and help us be able to diagnose what may be wrong.

When you have your report, you can attach it when you reply to this message and we can then review it and help you determine what is needed to get your system running well again. 

For instructions on how to download your EtreCheck report and attach it to your reply to this message please click https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

apple.Safari.SafeBrowsing.Service is eating RAM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.