Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing contacts

I still have contacts in my texting app that will not show up in my contact app. I have tried adding to iCloud From a tip I saw from another person and there’s no choice to add to contacts. When you click on the contact in texting app it doesn’t give you the option to add as a contact it only gives you delete contact as if it already is a contact. Yet it does not show up in contacts. Wouldn’t the people we text the most often be the ones we preferred show up in our contacts?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 5:23 PM

Hello Contactissue,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with your contacts on iPhone. Have you had the opportunity to update to iOS 14.0.1? If not, that would be a good first step.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Are you able to view these missing contacts if you View contacts on iCloud.com? If you haven't checked it would be a good idea to so, to help isolate the issue you're having.

Keep us posted on your findings.

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2020 5:23 PM in response to Contactissue

Hello Contactissue,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with your contacts on iPhone. Have you had the opportunity to update to iOS 14.0.1? If not, that would be a good first step.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Are you able to view these missing contacts if you View contacts on iCloud.com? If you haven't checked it would be a good idea to so, to help isolate the issue you're having.

Keep us posted on your findings.

Best regards.

Oct 12, 2020 12:11 PM in response to Contactissue

Hey there, Contactissue!

We're glad to hear that the suggestions in our last post helped. We wanted to let you know that you are in luck! You can indeed name your group with the latest iOS update. The steps to do so are outlined in, Name a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

We hope this information helps and that you continue to enjoy your iPhone.

Best of luck!

Oct 11, 2020 8:34 AM in response to Brian_P7

Oh my gosh, thank you! The only one I hadn't tried was the iCloud.com idea. It worked! I have been frustrated since switching to an iPhone. Between this and the updates I am so much happier! The final thing that troubles me is why I cannot "name" any text group I want to. I am so happy I can pin them now, but why not give them a name? Anything Apple does that makes me feel they are trying to monopolize my life makes me consider quitting all my apple products. I only say thing because I want to remain with Apple! So happy today with Apple! :)

Missing contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.