Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Capture outside the frame worked for a bit now doesn't

I bought my iPhone 11Plus pro and capture outside the frame worked....for a bit. Now it doesn't....ever. Tried everything but nothing works. I see the area outside the frame when I'm in the camera. But once the photo is taken, none of that area is captured. Just doesn't work. Any help greatly appreciated. I expected better.

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 4:52 PM

Hello nottil,

We understand that you are looking to access the ability to capture outside of the frame. If your iPhone is upgraded to iOS 14, this feature was replaced with the general ability to see outside of the frame so that you can better composition your photo.

If you are still on iOS 13, the information for the feature can be found here: Capture content outside the camera frame on iPhone - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2020 4:52 PM in response to nottil

Hello nottil,

We understand that you are looking to access the ability to capture outside of the frame. If your iPhone is upgraded to iOS 14, this feature was replaced with the general ability to see outside of the frame so that you can better composition your photo.

If you are still on iOS 13, the information for the feature can be found here: Capture content outside the camera frame on iPhone - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Capture outside the frame worked for a bit now doesn't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.