You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing MP3 files via Music (or other?)

I have made an MP3 file from a self recording on my Mac (a music accompaniment for a flute exam) which I have edited and now loaded onto Music. I am wanting to be able to send it to my daughter's iphone 11 who is part of our family subscription to Apple Music. I have created a playlist (there are actually 3 x MP3 files) and have been able to share the playlist with her device, but while she can see the playlist title, there's actually no songs in it. I can see the same playlist on my own phone and it has all the songs present.

Is there a simpler way to do this? The initial recording were M4a files (made on voice memo) and could easily be played back through voice memo but I can't get voice memo to open the edited version which is MP3, nor can I work out how to covert the MP3 back to M4a.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 7:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 8:36 AM

Hi there Meremark,

We understand you're trying to share some songs in Music with your daughter, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

In regard to changing the filetype, take a look at the steps here: Convert music file formats in Music on Mac

If you use the same Apple ID, you can also use Home Sharing to share those songs: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices

The steps here may also help: Share music with friends on Mac

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2020 8:36 AM in response to Meremark

Hi there Meremark,

We understand you're trying to share some songs in Music with your daughter, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

In regard to changing the filetype, take a look at the steps here: Convert music file formats in Music on Mac

If you use the same Apple ID, you can also use Home Sharing to share those songs: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices

The steps here may also help: Share music with friends on Mac

Cheers!

Sharing MP3 files via Music (or other?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.