Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue hanging up iPhones 11

The claim that pushing the power button on iPhone 11 ends a phone call is FALSE.

There is no published option to ENABLE phone-call-ending with button push.

The screen remains dark once the call is ended, and the claim that double tapping the screen will wake up the phone is also FALSE... well mostly, while it does “wake” the screen it only does for less than a half second before screen goes dark again, AND if you manage to push in the red end call button it still won’t hang up!!!

these phones are currently the newest on the market, and I’m sooo frustrated with it, done days I miss my IPhone 8plus, as it was more user friendly!! Sure my new one has more bells and whistles but seems like a lot of the common sense for the phone was left ou

Apple please help!!!

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 9:30 PM

Not sure who or what claimed to end a call with the Power button however below is how you end a call-

Tap the red "End Call" button. When you've finished your call, move the phone away from your ear, and tap the round, red button with a downward-facing telephone icon to hang up.

I still don't know what you mean by double tap to wake screen. Is this still related to a call in progress or is it related to waking the screen up while it has been off/dormant? If it is related to a call in progress then pulling the phone away from your ear should wake the screen up for you to make a choice to either hang up and end the call or continue on speaker etc.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 9:30 PM in response to cyndy147

Not sure who or what claimed to end a call with the Power button however below is how you end a call-

Tap the red "End Call" button. When you've finished your call, move the phone away from your ear, and tap the round, red button with a downward-facing telephone icon to hang up.

I still don't know what you mean by double tap to wake screen. Is this still related to a call in progress or is it related to waking the screen up while it has been off/dormant? If it is related to a call in progress then pulling the phone away from your ear should wake the screen up for you to make a choice to either hang up and end the call or continue on speaker etc.

Axel F.

Issue hanging up iPhones 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.