Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anybody else with an iPhone 12 Pro Max find that these instructions don't do anything? Mine doesn't do anything when I hold down the side button, forever.

With the new update to 15.1.1. I can no longer get back to a phone call if I leave to look up information elsewhere while on the call. This means I cannot get onto and off speaker phone, AND I CANNOT HANG UP THE CALL WHEN FINISHED.

This is also happening on other apps I use - I can't get back to where I was.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It is a major flaw in the update that needs to be addressed asap, if it's not just me.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 11:58 AM

Did you go on to the computer assisted recovery following the forced restart that I think you are describing?

If you are recently backed up you can try a restore in

DFU

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201263

4 replies

Dec 9, 2021 12:17 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks for your response, Idris!

At the end of my call with the Apple customer care person, she sent me an email with a link to a page of instructions on what to do if your screen is frozen or blank. I believe she understood my phone was not completely freezing nor was the screen blank. But I guess it was the closest thing to what I had explained to her was happening.

Before this most recent 15.1.1 update, I was always able to touch the green phone icon in the upper left corner and that would take me back to my phone call screen. But now when I touch the green phone icon in the upper left corner, the screen flashes and then it just stays where it is. It never takes me back to the phone call. And so I cannot even hang up the call, when the time comes.

Here are the instructions that I tried to follow and could not utilize for my phone because nothing happened when I followed the first 3 steps: the phone did not turn off. ( I know how to turn my phone off.)

Follow the steps for your device.

On your iPhone 8 or later, including iPhone SE (2nd generation)

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
  4. If your phone doesn't turn on, follow these steps to check your hardware and charge your phone. You might need to charge for up to an hour.
  5. If your phone still doesn't turn on, contact Apple Support.

Does anybody else with an iPhone 12 Pro Max find that these instructions don't do anything? Mine doesn't do anything when I hold down the side button, forever.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.