Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring erased 'Photo Library' files on MacBook Pro, Catalina 10.15.7

I've mistakenly erased a photolibrary.

Under 'About This Mac' my storage indicates that the deleted files are still there, somewhere in the grey diagonal lines.

Am I able to retrieve them? Unfortunately I erased these files when reinstalling the system software.

Thanks for your help!

Josh

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 4:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 4:26 AM

You will not be able to recover an intact Photos Library. What you might be able to do - and is worth a try - is to get back some or all of the actual photographs. Check out an app like File Salvage - you can download a free trial and it will scan the disk for you and tell you with might be recoverable. Actual recovery will require that you purchase the app. There may be many files with the same or similar names. Always recover the largest file size.

There are other such apps. Search on Macupdate or the App Store

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2020 4:26 AM in response to Fartch

You will not be able to recover an intact Photos Library. What you might be able to do - and is worth a try - is to get back some or all of the actual photographs. Check out an app like File Salvage - you can download a free trial and it will scan the disk for you and tell you with might be recoverable. Actual recovery will require that you purchase the app. There may be many files with the same or similar names. Always recover the largest file size.

There are other such apps. Search on Macupdate or the App Store

Restoring erased 'Photo Library' files on MacBook Pro, Catalina 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.