Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the top left of my iPhone screen blurry?

Hey guys I woke up today and a part of my screen was blurred, when i lock the phone it goes away, when I unlock it it’s there again,

anyone had this problem?

I’m using iOS 14.0.1

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 1:51 PM

My wife’s iPhone 12 had the same issue. Just toggle the zoom display in settings and it will go away.

30 replies

Oct 12, 2020 9:51 AM in response to soss96

Greetings, soss96!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you have an issue with the screen on your device being blurry in the top corner. Let's start by following the steps in this article to Restart your iPhone and then see if the issue is still going on.

• Is the screen blurred when you open apps as well?
  • Does the blur happen on all the home screens?
  • Does it happen when you change the wallpaper as well?

We look forward to hearing back from you and hope you have a great day!

Dec 29, 2020 10:02 AM in response to Helperhelper12

Not sure how to replicate it, but I encountered the same issue. A potentially easier secondary way to fix it (without going into settings) is as follows:

Turn your phone so it’s oriented in landscape mode. Then pull down from the top to open notification center, then swipe from left to right to open the widget page of notification center. And that’s all there is to it lol

Because that’s what fixes it, I suspect it’s a bug having to do with the landscape widget page in notification center.

For any Apple devs, I’m using iOS 14.3 lol

Jan 1, 2021 10:06 AM in response to soss96

Started getting a similar screen a couple of days ago. Blurriness seems to be Home Screen related. Used the BOLD Letters solution mentioned earlier to get rid of the blurriness, but the fix lasted until the screen was rotated to landscape.

To remove the blurriness for good (or at least until the next apple update), I removed all of the widgets on the Home Screen. No more blurred screen, even after rotating to landscape.

However, when screen is rotated to landscape, I see the Home Screen Search. I can live with that for now.

Why is the top left of my iPhone screen blurry?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.