Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference returns June 10, 2024

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone upgrade using apple DEP and MaaS360

I am currently trying to upgrade 6s devices to XR devices. They are setup with Apples DEP then managed by Maas360. The goal is to setup the phone then restore a backup. After setup we try to restore backup with iTunes. But it goes back to the DEP setup. Then we get prompted to turn off "find my". At this point it can not be turned off because the device in not manageable in Maas360. And we are not fully into the device to turn it off. Also the Device is not showing in the users apple account. This then locks up the whole device and we need to take it to an apple store to reset as not resetting options work.

I am not sure I need to solve for the above issue but that would help. The goal is to find a solution on backing up the old phone then restoring it to a new phone. We are unable to turn on iCloud so that is not an option due to internal policy. Has anyone used MaaS360 with apples DEP and had any luck upgrading to new devices.

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 1:49 PM

I suggest you look to use Managed Apple IDs, clearly someone has gone against the policy otherwise the device should not be locked.

You need to adjust your DEP profile to include the ability to restore from a backup, and at this point restore the backup from the 6S. I would investigate why there is a policy to block iCloud, and if there is such you should use a configuration profile to prevent users signing into iCloud on the device.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2020 1:49 PM in response to Joe_St

I suggest you look to use Managed Apple IDs, clearly someone has gone against the policy otherwise the device should not be locked.

You need to adjust your DEP profile to include the ability to restore from a backup, and at this point restore the backup from the 6S. I would investigate why there is a policy to block iCloud, and if there is such you should use a configuration profile to prevent users signing into iCloud on the device.

iPhone upgrade using apple DEP and MaaS360

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.