Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID locked on kids phone

My nephew's phone was under a parent's Apple ID. We got him his own Apple ID and did not add him back into the family group. He's 15 and wanted to be separate. Now when he goes to update his apps the iPhone asks him to sign in and won't accept his Apple ID. It keeps asking for the parental ID even though he is no longer part of that family group and has his own separate id. It wants to unlock his iphone using the parental phone number.

I thought maybe it wanted the parental id because his apps were originally downloaded under that ID. So we had the parent add him back into the family group but it is still asking for the parental Apple ID in order to update his phone.

Can anyone tell me what has gone wrong and how to fix it?

Thank you for any help out there!

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 9:15 PM

3 replies

Oct 6, 2020 9:56 PM in response to desklamps

If you see a message that says 'Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes'

If you see a message that says "Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes," there might be a problem with the payment method that you have on file.

When you see the message, don't try to edit any of your account information. Instead, contact Apple Support for help.

Apple ID locked on kids phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.