AppleID for Child Problem

My daughter has AppleID under family sharing and everything is good. However, today tried to set up new iPad for her school and when I tried to enter her AppleID it popped up with AppleID locked. When I pressed unlock account it popped up with another message that password cannot be reset!

so now I have iPad that I can’t set up as it just a spinning and it’s stuck. Any suggestions. ?

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 1:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 4:41 AM

Was this an iPad provided by the school? If yes, I am wondering if they have set it up to be managed by school IT administrators. If it was provided by the school ask them about how to set it up.

If it was not provided by the school, what is the exact wording of the error message(s)? The most likely issue that matches what you say is:

If a message says your Apple ID is locked or disabled "for security reasons"", the document If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support directs you to reset your password as outlined in this article ➞ If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you use two-factor authentication and can’t sign in or reset your password, you can regain access after an account recovery waiting period, as outlined in this document: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2023 4:41 AM in response to Jason.Ingram

Was this an iPad provided by the school? If yes, I am wondering if they have set it up to be managed by school IT administrators. If it was provided by the school ask them about how to set it up.

If it was not provided by the school, what is the exact wording of the error message(s)? The most likely issue that matches what you say is:

If a message says your Apple ID is locked or disabled "for security reasons"", the document If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support directs you to reset your password as outlined in this article ➞ If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you use two-factor authentication and can’t sign in or reset your password, you can regain access after an account recovery waiting period, as outlined in this document: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

AppleID for Child Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.