Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving parameters of animated titles in FCPX

Hi everyone,

I recently downloaded some free Lower Third titles to spruce up my videos, they look great and am happy with them.

However, since I've tweaked them to make them suit my needs, I've changed a whole heap of the parameters - font size, colour, position, etc etc - which is great if I'm just doing it once but I want to be able to save this as a new preset (or something) so I can just import my version of the title when I need. I'm doing various videos and want them to be the same.

Is there a way of doing this?

I've tried saving it as a compound clip but, the problem there, is that I can't seem to be able to then change the text afterwards?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you.

James

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 1:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 2:37 AM

A compound clip should work, with a little care.

If you drag the compound to a timeline and make changes by double clicking and working inside the compound, you will first need to do Clip->Reference new Parent Clip, otherwise your changes will affect all instances of the compound.

Alternatively, you drag the compound and then on the timeline do Break Apart Clip Items.

Changes to just the text (font, size, alignment, etc) can be saved as a preset directly in the Inspector; but as you seem to have made changes to the video pane as well, the compound clip way may be better.

Of course, if you have Motion there is an even better way: open a copy of the title in Motion, make the changes and save as a new title-then it can used as a separate title right from the titles browser.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2020 2:37 AM in response to James Arter1

A compound clip should work, with a little care.

If you drag the compound to a timeline and make changes by double clicking and working inside the compound, you will first need to do Clip->Reference new Parent Clip, otherwise your changes will affect all instances of the compound.

Alternatively, you drag the compound and then on the timeline do Break Apart Clip Items.

Changes to just the text (font, size, alignment, etc) can be saved as a preset directly in the Inspector; but as you seem to have made changes to the video pane as well, the compound clip way may be better.

Of course, if you have Motion there is an even better way: open a copy of the title in Motion, make the changes and save as a new title-then it can used as a separate title right from the titles browser.

Oct 7, 2020 8:39 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks Luis, that worked!

Happy to use 'breaking apart clip' approach as it seems the simplest for now.

I just tried opening it up in Motion and realised that my knowledge of that is really quite limited so might have to come back to it, but I do understand the process - just need to get to grips with the software a little more.

Thanks for your help!

Saving parameters of animated titles in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.