Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

im trying to restore my iphone from itunes and asking for password. I didn't have a password when i backed up my phone to ituens

im trying to restore my iphone from itunes and asking for password. I didn't have a password when i backed up my phone to itunes

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 7:10 AM

Hi there !

If you are trying to restore from an iTunes backup and it requires a password, that means that, somewhen since you connected this iPhone to your computer, you ticked "encrypt backup" and entered a password twice to be saved.

Here is an article to follow :

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT205220

I recommend you to try all passwords you can think about as there is no locking after a certain amount of attempts. Could be :

• session password
  • apple id password

Please notice that it can be any number of characters, numbers, as there is no restrictions when creating this password.

To finish, if you can't find it at all, try to restore from an iCloud backup instead, if you have one, or from a non encrypted backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2020 7:10 AM in response to evis68

Hi there !

If you are trying to restore from an iTunes backup and it requires a password, that means that, somewhen since you connected this iPhone to your computer, you ticked "encrypt backup" and entered a password twice to be saved.

Here is an article to follow :

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT205220

I recommend you to try all passwords you can think about as there is no locking after a certain amount of attempts. Could be :

• session password
  • apple id password

Please notice that it can be any number of characters, numbers, as there is no restrictions when creating this password.

To finish, if you can't find it at all, try to restore from an iCloud backup instead, if you have one, or from a non encrypted backup.

im trying to restore my iphone from itunes and asking for password. I didn't have a password when i backed up my phone to ituens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.