Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem with photos displaying on my iMac after downloading to photos,phone is iPhone 11

how can i get the photo to display instead of the warning?

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 8:53 AM

OK

I think your phone is taking pictures in HEIC formate which is not compatible with your version of macos (if it is stil 10.11 El Capitan as shown)

You will need to change your phone to shoot in jpg mode - which is done in camera settings, formats, most compatible.

If you want to import photos you have already taken, you will need to convert them to jpg.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2020 8:53 AM in response to FSauthen89

OK

I think your phone is taking pictures in HEIC formate which is not compatible with your version of macos (if it is stil 10.11 El Capitan as shown)

You will need to change your phone to shoot in jpg mode - which is done in camera settings, formats, most compatible.

If you want to import photos you have already taken, you will need to convert them to jpg.

problem with photos displaying on my iMac after downloading to photos,phone is iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.