Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone and Apple Watch notifications

When I have my watch on my wrist, my iPhone does not give me any notifications. All of my notifications appear and sound on my watch but return to my iPhone when my watch I take off my watch and lock itZ I miss many notifications. I’ve restarted my iPhone, I’ve reset my watch. I’m still only getting my notifications on my Apple Watch.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 7:41 AM

Hello Thesmallchild,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand you have some questions regarding notifications when your iPhone is paired with an Apple Watch. We are happy to help provide some guidance on this.

When you have an Apple Watch paired with your iPhone, notifications will go to either the Apple Watch or the iPhone, but not both. If your iPhone screen is unlocked and you receive a notification, it will appear on your iPhone. If your iPhone is locked, the notification will go to your Apple Watch.

You can learn more about this behavior here:

Notifications on your Apple Watch

We hope this helps.

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 7:41 AM in response to Thesmallchild

Hello Thesmallchild,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand you have some questions regarding notifications when your iPhone is paired with an Apple Watch. We are happy to help provide some guidance on this.

When you have an Apple Watch paired with your iPhone, notifications will go to either the Apple Watch or the iPhone, but not both. If your iPhone screen is unlocked and you receive a notification, it will appear on your iPhone. If your iPhone is locked, the notification will go to your Apple Watch.

You can learn more about this behavior here:

Notifications on your Apple Watch

We hope this helps.

Best Regards.

IPhone and Apple Watch notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.