You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

‘Call blocking and identification’ missing on iPhone XS with iOS 14.0.1

I have an iPhone XS with iOS 14.0.1 and there is no option for settings > phone > call blocking and identification. I have YouMail installed and would like to use that for robocall blocking. I also checked my wife’s iPhone XS and iOS 14.0.1 and same menu options which the ‘blocking and identification’ is not there. What am I missing?

Reference: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207099

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 3:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 12:14 PM

I'm on 14.4.2 and Truecaller just updated, losing its functionality. I restored it by:

1. Restart iPhone
  2. Disable and re-enable Settings > Privacy > Tracking toggle on -> off -> on
  3. In Settings > Messages > Message Filtering (unknown and spam) > SMS filtering, deactivate Truecaller by selecting None, then reactivate Truecaller by selecting it and hitting Enable in the pop-up.
  4. Only now go to Settings > Phone and hey presto, Call Blocking & Identification is there, allowing you to enable Parts 1, 2, 3 and 4 (whatever that means).

Who knew?

44 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 10, 2021 12:14 PM in response to jasrasr

I'm on 14.4.2 and Truecaller just updated, losing its functionality. I restored it by:

1. Restart iPhone
  2. Disable and re-enable Settings > Privacy > Tracking toggle on -> off -> on
  3. In Settings > Messages > Message Filtering (unknown and spam) > SMS filtering, deactivate Truecaller by selecting None, then reactivate Truecaller by selecting it and hitting Enable in the pop-up.
  4. Only now go to Settings > Phone and hey presto, Call Blocking & Identification is there, allowing you to enable Parts 1, 2, 3 and 4 (whatever that means).

Who knew?

May 3, 2021 5:18 AM in response to ansar147

I am now on iOS 14.5 and TrueCaller keeps warning me that it is not enabled in Call Blocking and Identification, and I also see this menu option is missing from Settings, Phone.

However I see that if I simply wait for exactly 30 seconds, eventually this menu option suddenly always appears! (When it eventually appears TrueCaller is already enabled.)

Trying the other suggested options doesn’t work for me but just waiting for at least 30 seconds always works. This happens every time I open Settings.

Oct 26, 2020 6:05 AM in response to _panna

I too faced this issue today (Call blocking and identification) option being unavailable in Settings - Phone. After reading some of the posts, I found that I was using an app (TRAI DND in my case) to block and report spam. I installed the app and went back into Settings - Phone and could see the Call blocking and identification option.

Check if you have any such app installed.

Feb 23, 2021 1:32 AM in response to pabie144

Have you restarted your iPhone after all the procedures you made?

ot just happened to mine again last week. After turning on and off all the configurations and reinstalling true caller, hiya and whoscall I turned it off and then back on and it was back there “Call blocking and configurations”. Though I’m not quite sure what did the trick this time. Good luck and God bless.

Mar 11, 2021 3:01 AM in response to jasrasr

have an iPhone XS with iOS 14.0.1 and there is no option for settings > phone > call blocking and identification. I have YouMail installed and would like to use that for robocall blocking. I also checked my wife’s iPhone XS and iOS 14.0.1 and same menu options which the ‘blocking and identification’ is not there. What am I missing?

May 7, 2021 8:44 AM in response to anthonyamber

I have the same problem iPhone 12 Pro Max. iOS 14.5.1 - Both Call Filter and WideProtect will disappear from 'Call Blocking and Identification' -

One thing I tried is making sure neither app was force closed (stayed running in the background). That seemed to help for a while. But even then it would fall offline and disappear (both apps). The appTracker thing, turning it off and on, was not a permanent fix. Rebooting the phone wasn't a permanent fix either.

It wasn't this way before. This is a bug, no question. Yes we can get it to work. But it is very unreliable.

‘Call blocking and identification’ missing on iPhone XS with iOS 14.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.