Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since upgrading to iOS 14 my HomeKit says home hub not connected

Since I updated to ios 14 my HomeKit now says home hub not connected most of the time. It is lights are working , but this is causing my automations not to work, and things also stop working when I leave the house. Anyone know how to fix this. My Apple TV is my hub.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 9:20 AM

• Reboot your wifi router,
  • Make sure that the user signed in to iCloud is the primary Home app user, and not an invited user. 
  • In Settings - Users & Accounts - your name- iCloud- sign out. Restart , after it restarts sign back in, you will now notice an alert to set up Homekit again. Do that.
  • iCloud Keychain needs to be on

Set up your HomePod, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2020 9:20 AM in response to Jay3000

• Reboot your wifi router,
  • Make sure that the user signed in to iCloud is the primary Home app user, and not an invited user. 
  • In Settings - Users & Accounts - your name- iCloud- sign out. Restart , after it restarts sign back in, you will now notice an alert to set up Homekit again. Do that.
  • iCloud Keychain needs to be on

Set up your HomePod, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub - Apple Support

Since upgrading to iOS 14 my HomeKit says home hub not connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.