Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to update my email address and it keeps coming back I have to use another email address not my notification email. How/where do I find the notification email In order to change it.

All I am trying to do is update my email address for Apple ID since I am closing out account. Every time I enter the email address I want to use it says I have to use a different email then my notification address. How do I change the notification email?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 11:12 AM

You can log into your Apple ID to remove the Notification email address.Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Notification email address or a Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.  You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

Apple ID - Manage     

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2020 11:12 AM in response to Cuda70red

You can log into your Apple ID to remove the Notification email address.Apple hasn’t published any guidance for using an address again. Normally, if your e-mail address was associated with an ID in any way, for example as a Notification email address or a Rescue e-mail address, then it can't be reused with another Apple ID for approximately one year. I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.  You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

Apple ID - Manage     

I am trying to update my email address and it keeps coming back I have to use another email address not my notification email. How/where do I find the notification email In order to change it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.