Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

made new Apple ID for family Mac but want fcpx from other Apple ID

I just set up new family computer with new Apple ID but am using this computer for fcpx. I have purchased fcpx on personal computer. Can I sign in to personal Apple ID to download fcpx and then sign out to sign in with new Apple id and have fcpx still on new computer?

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 12:30 PM

No you don’t need to buy it again. You login in with your FCP Apple ID, download it, and then change back to the other ID. The application doesn’t know or care what Apple ID is being used in the App Store. You might not get update notifications, but they’re Prey erratic anyway I find.

6 replies

Oct 8, 2020 12:25 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

No, Im using this as a family computer but also as my video editing computer rather than my laptop. I don't want my personal Apple ID on here being that my kids will be using this computer and I want to keep everything separate. I just don't want to sign into my personal Apple ID, download fcpx since its purchased, sign out of my personal Apple ID, sign into family Apple ID and lose fcpx

made new Apple ID for family Mac but want fcpx from other Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.