Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

watch not mirroring iphone

I have a series 4 watch. Both my iPhone and iWatch have been updated with the latest software. It is set to "Mirror phone" in every category. It used to be silent when I turned my phone to silent. Now it doesn't. And it makes a different ring tone (and that is set to mirror too). Sometimes text messages and emails do not come through and I have not been able to determine if has any pattern. What is up with this?

Apple Watch Series 4, 7

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 1:51 PM

Hello Mimi_K_10,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your Apple Watch not mirroring your iPhone.

Please start by turning off the Mirror iPhone setting. Then, unpair your Apple Watch. No need to erase yet, just unpair: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Then, restart both devices:

iPhone User Guide: Restart iPhone - Apple Support

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Then, re-enable the Mirror iPhone setting and test.

Please be aware, Notifications work as described in these different situations.

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Use these options to mute your Apple Watch: Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 1:51 PM in response to Mimi_K_10

Hello Mimi_K_10,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your Apple Watch not mirroring your iPhone.

Please start by turning off the Mirror iPhone setting. Then, unpair your Apple Watch. No need to erase yet, just unpair: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Then, restart both devices:

iPhone User Guide: Restart iPhone - Apple Support

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Then, re-enable the Mirror iPhone setting and test.

Please be aware, Notifications work as described in these different situations.

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Use these options to mute your Apple Watch: Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

watch not mirroring iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.