Iwatch 7 but phone won’t chime

So I have AAA I watch seven and an Apple 14 pro. I have the I watch set to "mirror my phone”, However, when I have both of them together and receive a message, only the watch will notify. My phone won’t chime which I like hearing the extra loud noise that the phone provides. Anyone have a suggestion how I get the phone and my I watch to both chime upon receiving a message. Thank you.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 9

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 4:27 PM

That's correct and exactly how Apple designed the devices to work. Notifications come to your Apple Watch OR your iPhone, but not to both at the same time. If the phone is open (screen on) a notification will come to the phone. If the screen is not on (lockied), a notification will come to your watch.

Again, your watch and phone are operating as designed. Read this link to better understand --> Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

See where notifications appear: "Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2023 4:27 PM in response to Cdestuck

That's correct and exactly how Apple designed the devices to work. Notifications come to your Apple Watch OR your iPhone, but not to both at the same time. If the phone is open (screen on) a notification will come to the phone. If the screen is not on (lockied), a notification will come to your watch.

Again, your watch and phone are operating as designed. Read this link to better understand --> Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

See where notifications appear: "Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both."

Iwatch 7 but phone won’t chime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.