Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound pending

Im so confused and frustrated! Im trying to find my iPad but it says sound pending however the location continues to refresh shows location and (CITY,North Carolina) ... 6 minutes ago) and keeps refreshing every so often. I don't understand how that's possible if its not connected. I can't see battery life and I can't make it ring because the sound is pending and so is lost mode. Does anyone know what I can do or why this is happening?

UPDATE:

When I go to find my online it shows the location as 8 hours old. So my new questions are why would the app show that the location is 5-6 mins old? Also if my iPad was truly at home, Is there any reason why it wouldn't be connected to wifi right now, able to ring? does it disconnect from when on standby to save power?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 8:26 PM

5 replies

Oct 8, 2020 9:34 PM in response to ethax123

well my Mac which has been off shows last seen 2 Hours ago. AirPods which has also been off shows "Yesterday at 10:30PM". the iPad keeps updating and I keep clicking "notify me when found" and I keep getting a notification on my phone "iPad was just seen"

Hopefully you realize I am not Apple and I did not design Find My.

I am sorry your iPad is not responding, but I have no explanation as to why. The behaviour you continue to see is consistent with a device powered off.

Not sure what else you expect me to say.

Perhaps >> https://support.apple.com/contact

Oct 8, 2020 8:38 PM in response to ethax123

ethax123 wrote:

Im so confused and frustrated! Im trying to find my iPad but it says sound pending however the location continues to refresh shows location and (CITY,North Carolina) ... 6 minutes ago) and keeps refreshing every so often. I don't understand how that's possible if its not connected. I can't see battery life and I can't make it ring because the sound is pending and so is lost mode. Does anyone know what I can do or why this is happening?
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/0dd08ca0-d40a-41da-b95e-1ab987b9ec41

The device is offline.

Nothing can be done until, and if the device comes back online. That last location shows for up to 24 hours after the device goes offline.

Oct 8, 2020 8:40 PM in response to LACAllen

Thank you!

I just updated my post as you responded,

When I go to find my online it shows the location as 8 hours old. So my new questions are why would the app show that the location is 5-6 mins old? Also if my iPad was truly at home, Is there any reason why it wouldn't be connected to wifi right now, able to ring? does it disconnect from when on standby to save power?

Oct 8, 2020 9:02 PM in response to ethax123

location is 5-6 mins old?

It is. It's the same location as 5-6 minutes ago.

Also if my iPad was truly at home, Is there any reason why it wouldn't be connected to wifi right now, able to ring? does it disconnect from when on standby to save power?

Being asleep should not prevent an iOS device from being seen by Find My. Powered off is the only logical conclusion.

Sound pending

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.