Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

21,5 inch iMac in 2020

I bought a 21,5 inch iMac in Luxembourg on the 6th of August 2020 and after updating to Catalina I found the computer slowed down considerably. When I checked “about this Mac“ I found out I had been sold a 2019 model. Was I sold an old model or was 2020 version not out then?

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 9:15 AM

9 replies

Oct 9, 2020 9:25 AM in response to colum80

You may have purchased a 2019 model. If you bought it directly from Apple, please contact AppleCare and request to exchange the model for a 2020 model. When buying a 21.5" model it is critical that if you want good performance to NOT buy based on priced but on specifications you need for the type of work you are doing. As the RAM is not user upgradeable buy with 32GB of RAM and then also buy the largest capacity SSD you can afford.

If you bought the computer from an Apple reseller then you need to contact that reseller.

To reach AppleCare, please use the following link to find the number that services Luxembourg. AppleCare contact Information

21,5 inch iMac in 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.