You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time passcode issues

My ipad does not say "forgot password" when clicking on change screen time passcode. Now what do I do because I cannot unlock it and do not ever remember even putting a code into my own ipad for this?

Sounds like a common problem for many from what I've fread.

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 1:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 2:02 AM

If you have forgotten the ScreenTime passcode, one of these two procedures should resolve the problem:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211021

If your iPad is capable of supporting iPadOS 13.x, you should update to the most current version before attempting to resolve a forgotten ScreenTime passcode. The most recent iPadOS updates have introduced a new mechanism whereby a forgotten ScreenTime passcode can be reset without wiping the iPad. The current version is iPadOS 14.0.1.

To reset a forgotten ScreenTime passcode on older versions of iOS/iPadOS, the iPad must be reset “as new”, losing all locally stored data.

I hope this information is helpful to you in successfully resetting your forgotten passcode.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2020 2:02 AM in response to Lucyamund

If you have forgotten the ScreenTime passcode, one of these two procedures should resolve the problem:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211021

If your iPad is capable of supporting iPadOS 13.x, you should update to the most current version before attempting to resolve a forgotten ScreenTime passcode. The most recent iPadOS updates have introduced a new mechanism whereby a forgotten ScreenTime passcode can be reset without wiping the iPad. The current version is iPadOS 14.0.1.

To reset a forgotten ScreenTime passcode on older versions of iOS/iPadOS, the iPad must be reset “as new”, losing all locally stored data.

I hope this information is helpful to you in successfully resetting your forgotten passcode.

Screen time passcode issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.