Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2020 Macbook Pro constantly crashing when on battery power

Hi,

I purchased my Macbook back in April, a 13" MBP, 1TB drive, 16gb of RAM, etc. etc.

I replaced a 2017 Macbook Air, which I never really had any problems with. I upgraded to the newer model because I just needed more power and space.

Boy was that a mistake. I've had nothing but problems with this machine, and I foolishly didn't return it within the 90 day window thinking that a software patch would solve my errors. To date, none of the Catalina updates have fixed this.

Here's the issue. Whenever I'm on battery power, I could be in the middle of typing an email, or surfing the web, or myriad other tasks that have no theme associate to them, and the machine will crash.

If I walk away from my computer for any length of time and come back to it, it will crash.

I just turned off "sleep mode" in my settings so we'll see how that works but I wanted to open this post up because this does not seem to be a "me" problem as I've seen literally hundreds of posts on this topic and absolutely zero solution.

Apple, get your stuff together and send us all a fix please! I've been taking screen shots of these reports since July 20th and I have exactly 42 screen shots in my folder now. And that's just since July 20th. I wish I had started this when I first started having issues.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 11:05 AM

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a message that it restarted or shut down because of a problem - Apple Support

Your computer is still under warranty. Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service after the stores re-open. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD). You may also get Apple authorized service at a local Best Buy or contact Apple Support for more options.

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  2. To arrange a return, repair, or replacement: Returns  &  Refunds  -  Apple  Store  (U.S.,) and Mac Repair.
  3. If you just purchased the product, then you get 90 days of free telephone support from the date of purchase of your Apple product.
  4. Primary support help at Contact Support.
  5. To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.
  6. Product  Service  and  Repair  information.
  7. Apple  Service  Programs.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2020 11:05 AM in response to Rogue80one

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a message that it restarted or shut down because of a problem - Apple Support

Your computer is still under warranty. Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service after the stores re-open. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD). You may also get Apple authorized service at a local Best Buy or contact Apple Support for more options.

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  2. To arrange a return, repair, or replacement: Returns  &  Refunds  -  Apple  Store  (U.S.,) and Mac Repair.
  3. If you just purchased the product, then you get 90 days of free telephone support from the date of purchase of your Apple product.
  4. Primary support help at Contact Support.
  5. To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.
  6. Product  Service  and  Repair  information.
  7. Apple  Service  Programs.

2020 Macbook Pro constantly crashing when on battery power

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.