Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power button won’t turn my iPhone off

So idk what’s going on. The power button on my iPhone 11 can turn on my phone but it won’t Turn it off. The touch still works but every time I tap on an app it won’t open. When I try and FaceTime or call someone it won’t let me see the video or the dial pad. And I can’t shut it down cause when I hold down the power and volume button, the shut down slide won’t pop up. Idk what to do. It’s a new phone and I got the new iOS 14 update

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 1:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 4:06 AM

Review the procedure to Force ReStart your iPhone shown below. Follow it exactly as it is written and see whether that resolves the issue.

Force Restart your iPhone exactly as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2020 4:06 AM in response to jalissa96

Review the procedure to Force ReStart your iPhone shown below. Follow it exactly as it is written and see whether that resolves the issue.

Force Restart your iPhone exactly as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Power button won’t turn my iPhone off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.