Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

arranging my photos and images in Photo... how can I order them manually in the sequence I want?

While in iPhoto it was easy to drag photos to order them how I want them in an album, it seems in Photo I only have three options for arranging photos... by date (newest or oldest) or by name.

But my albums are a medley of random images, and I want them in a specific order. Yesterday the software was letting me drag these and put them in the order I want, but today - as soon as I move an image - it pops right back to where it was... this is so frustrating! I have tried every combo of holding down control key, shift key, etc, while I move an image into order... but nothing is working. The thing is that most of the 70 images I have in this folder are already in order (as it seems it worked until I added some new images to the folder today.) Today it is all going wrong, and if I trying changing the option to "Keep sorting by name, or date etc" it could mess up the order of all 70!

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 10:27 AM

You can in an album that you create:

Similar questions

2 replies

arranging my photos and images in Photo... how can I order them manually in the sequence I want?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.