Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Accessing photos on iPhone 4

I found my old iPhone in a drawer and it had partially exploded (back popped off and you can see the inside) but when I plugged it in it turned on. However, it says it needs to be updated or restored. I clicked "update" but it says it cannot be updated and I will have to restore. But if I do that I lose the photos that are on there and I don't have them on the cloud.

Questions:

- can I access the photos like a hard drive?

- can I find my old backup from all those years ago?

iPhone 4

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 11:14 AM

No, you the photos are not there anymore anyways, it has gone into disabled mode.

If you were backing up to iCloud and subsequently purchased a replacement phone using the same iCloud account those backups are gone.

You can try taking the iPhone to a 3rd party repair shop and seeing if they can clean the phone, replace the battery and access the iPhone (that part is most unlikely) and recover your data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2020 11:14 AM in response to LoriQuaid

No, you the photos are not there anymore anyways, it has gone into disabled mode.

If you were backing up to iCloud and subsequently purchased a replacement phone using the same iCloud account those backups are gone.

You can try taking the iPhone to a 3rd party repair shop and seeing if they can clean the phone, replace the battery and access the iPhone (that part is most unlikely) and recover your data.

Help! Accessing photos on iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.