Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fall detection not working

I bought the Apple Watch (series 4) specifically for the fall detection. I'm a horseback rider and sometimes find myself at the barn by myself. When I first got my watch, I know the fall detection was working because it went off when I was watching a football game and clapped my hands together forcefully in response to a play. However, since then I've fallen off my horse twice (!) and the fall detection didn't register the fall. What gives?

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 1:17 PM

Thank you. I'd read about "Disabling" then "re-enabling" in settings, but hadn't done a hard reset. To date, I've not been able to get the watch to react to drops, slams, claps since. I'd love to find a way to test it short of falling off my horse again....

2 replies

Oct 11, 2020 10:50 AM in response to Lucky 13

On your Watch go to Settings... scroll to SOS, then tap on Fall detection and see if it is on. If so... turn it Off....then On again.

If you have not done so, try a hard reset on your Apple Watch

How to hard reset your Apple Watch

1. Position the Watch so you can easily access both the Digital Crown/Home and Side buttons, and then firmly hold the device in your hand.
  2. Simultaneously press and hold both buttons for roughly 10 seconds, until the screen turns off and the Watchreboots.
  3. Voila! You're good to go.

Hope that helps sort out your issue

Fall detection not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.