Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Previewing Songs is gone in Apple Music?

I am not interested in paying for a subscription to the streaming service, but do want to buy songs now and then. I used to be able to preview a 30 second or so snip of a song in iTunes before buying. I saw one thread that says to just hover over the song and click when the play button appears -- I do that and I get a pop up asking me to subscribe to Apple Music first (I don't want to do that or sign up for a "free trial" that I'll just have to turn around and cancel) . I saw in another thread that I'd have to use the iTunes app to do that. I have a new Apple computer installed with Catalina and I don't find iTunes in the App store. Is there any way to get this feature back?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 7:56 AM

With Music on Catalina, you can still preview song in the iTunes Store. Two common problems are (1) you have the iTunes Store hidden, or (2) you are doing the search in Apple Music instead of the iTunes Store. Just follow the steps in here:

Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Previewing Songs is gone in Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.