Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frozen screen

I have to unplug and replug my Apple TV to get it to come on. Then it is frozen on the Home Screen. I charged my remote and the volume up/down buttons are working. I tried to hold down the menu and home buttons at the same time until the light on the box flashes rapidly but that didn’t work. I saw a suggestion on this site (somewhere) to hold down the menu and rewind buttons at the same time and that had a positive result for the person with the inquiry. But I don’t see a rewind button on my Siri remote. Perhaps that person had a different remote? Any ideas?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 8:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 8:38 PM

Never mind. I finally figured it out. I needed to re-pair my remote and to do that I needed to press the menu and volume up buttons at the same time while standing close to the Apple box. Yay! I did it!!!!!!

(Apparently, some people refer to the volume up button as the “rewind” button. )

1 reply

Frozen screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.