Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Mail App on my MacAir does not load

The Mail App on my MacAir does not load. It throws me out as soon as it loads. It's worked fine for 2-years. I have not changed anything recently.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 7:58 AM

There are a couple potential causes for that behavior.

Mail may be opening to a message that is malformed, causing the Mail app to crash.

Quit the Mail app if it is running. Then, press and hold a Shift key while launching Mail again.

That action causes Mail to open in windowed mode (not full screen) with no message selected. If Mail opens and stays open, you may be able to find the message causing it to crash.

If that does not work, read If you can't open Mail on your Mac - Apple Support.

If none of this helps, you might try using System Preferences and turning off (disabling) one or more of your Mail accounts in an effort to find one causing the Mail app to crash.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2020 7:58 AM in response to HozefaEbrahim

There are a couple potential causes for that behavior.

Mail may be opening to a message that is malformed, causing the Mail app to crash.

Quit the Mail app if it is running. Then, press and hold a Shift key while launching Mail again.

That action causes Mail to open in windowed mode (not full screen) with no message selected. If Mail opens and stays open, you may be able to find the message causing it to crash.

If that does not work, read If you can't open Mail on your Mac - Apple Support.

If none of this helps, you might try using System Preferences and turning off (disabling) one or more of your Mail accounts in an effort to find one causing the Mail app to crash.

The Mail App on my MacAir does not load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.