Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to set up my old iPad (it’s been wiped )to give my niece but don’t want to use my iCloud account

I took this to the Apple ayote and wiped it clean and i am trying to restart it with new iCloud account for my kid but I don’t want to use any of my stiff . How do I set it up unconnected to mine

iPad Air 2, iOS 11

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 6:35 AM

This is the procedure that you should follow to properly prepare a device for a new owner:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

This process will completely wipe the iPad and remove any association with an existing AppleID. The new owner can now proceed from the initial “Hello” screen and setup the iPad “as new”, creating a new AppleID account directly from the iPad.

Set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2020 6:35 AM in response to Marinaln212

This is the procedure that you should follow to properly prepare a device for a new owner:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

This process will completely wipe the iPad and remove any association with an existing AppleID. The new owner can now proceed from the initial “Hello” screen and setup the iPad “as new”, creating a new AppleID account directly from the iPad.

Set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

I want to set up my old iPad (it’s been wiped )to give my niece but don’t want to use my iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.