Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Column Headers are no longer visible

Unless I am mistakened, the Column Headers in Mail are missing. There is one long single header of about 6 fields that used to be user configerable. i.e., width of columns could be varied, actual headers could be changed. All of a sudden, this ability seems to have been removed.

What is gong on ? Did Apple change something in Mail with the user configurable columns ?

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 3:14 PM

This functionality was indeed removed in Catalina but appears to be coming back in Big Sur.

2 replies

Oct 16, 2020 9:48 PM in response to medwds

Thank you very much for your comment. One Apple Tech Support Rep. suggested that since this feature was indeed gone in Catalina that if i needed it badly now, I might want to consider backing up everything , and installing the prior OS, but I did not think that was a very good idea. Instead I will wait for Big Sur or go for a Beta Version of Big Sur instead.

Mail Column Headers are no longer visible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.