Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IpadOS 14 battery drain

I installed iOS 14on my iPhone 8 with no problems.

iPadOS 14 on an iPad Pro on the other hand has resulted in massive battery drain from day one. I have done all the usual tricks such as leaving it for days to do the reindexing etc in the background, I have disabled background refresh, location services etc wherever possible and nothing is getting better.

This must be an OS issue - when will a fix be released?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 9:05 PM

Baldsparrow Said:

"IpadOS 14 battery drain: I installed iOS 14on my iPhone 8 with no problems. iPadOS 14 on an iPad Pro on the other hand has resulted in massive battery drain from day one.[...]"

-------

Try These Links:

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2020 9:05 PM in response to Baldsparrow

Baldsparrow Said:

"IpadOS 14 battery drain: I installed iOS 14on my iPhone 8 with no problems. iPadOS 14 on an iPad Pro on the other hand has resulted in massive battery drain from day one.[...]"

-------

Try These Links:

Oct 13, 2020 5:30 AM in response to Baldsparrow

Baldsparrow Said:

"IpadOS 14 battery drain: Example - this morning the iPad battery was at 64% ... after just 20 minutes checking email and visiting a single newspaper website it was at 53%. No way is that acceptable or normal and it has been like that ever since the OS upgrade.

———-

A Few More Recommendations:

A. Take this as a Learning Experience:

Know to always backup. prior to updating. That way, you will have something to restore your device from, should anything go wrong after the install.

B. See about Getting this Serviced:

Go Here: Send-In Service - Include Handwritten Notes with the Packaging

Contact Apple - see if getting a swapout is an option. It may be available for send-in service. Write some notes down on a sheet of paper and include it in the send-in box, to explain anything you need them to know.

Contacting Apple Support:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get thorough :)

Oct 13, 2020 5:23 AM in response to Baldsparrow

Baldsparrow Said:

Thanks but those don’t help my situation. As I said, immediately after installing iPadOS 14 I started having quite dramatic battery drain problems

———-

You are Welcome.

Try a Backup then Restore from it:

Anything messed up after the update would be fixed.

I. First, Backup your iPad.

I would plug the iPad into the wall, and, while plugged in, backup your iPad to iCloud or to your computer. While it is plugged in be certain all necessary items are set to be backed up. Choose what to back up: Open: Settings > Tap: your Name (The very-top item) > Tap: iCloud > Tap: iCloud > Tap: Anything Necessary so it is Green. Next, proceed with the backup Go Here: Make a Backup on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

II. Restoring this From a Backup:

Have you backed up your iPad at all prior to this update install? If so, restore from it. Go Here:  Restore your iPhone, iPad, ir iPod touch from a Backup.

If that does Not Work...

III. Set the iPad up anew. Perform as Instructed Here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your IPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch -Apple Support. Once that is done, restore from the backup using the link in Step II.

Oct 27, 2020 5:41 AM in response to Baldsparrow

Hi, I talked with apple support via apple support app. I think that guy helped me. He advised me to remove widgets that use locations (weather etc.) I charged my Ipad to 80% before midnight, in 10 am I checked and it lost only 2 or 3% of charge. Try that. Anyway I really recommend to connect with them via that application https://apps.apple.com/ru/app/apple-support/id1130498044?l=en

Oct 13, 2020 9:32 AM in response to TheLittles

Thanks for your suggestions - I did the clear device and restore from backup. The battery is discharging at a little under 20% an hour (no media streaming etc - just reading the news on websites and doing emails). This is a noticeable faster than before the installation of iPadOS 14. Something is amiss with this new OS version although, as I mentioned originally, it doesn’t seem to be a problem on my iPhone.

IpadOS 14 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.