Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a series 3 Apple Watch that will not progress past the update settings. I have tried everything restarting my phone and watch and nothing is working. It will say your Apple Watch is up to date but will not give me an option to go past that.

What should I do? This is a new watch to me and before I bought it it had been turned off for a while and now it will not go past the Apple sign with the twisted lines part. Also my phone only says reset and cancel with no other options.

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 1:28 PM

As long as you have the latest version of iOS on the iPhone 7, it should allow the Watch Series 3 to update. Are you sure this is a version 3. If you are, then you may need to contact Apple Support for assistance. See this for help with updating the watchOS. Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support It also explains how to check what version of Watch you happen to have as well.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 1:28 PM in response to ahdia226

As long as you have the latest version of iOS on the iPhone 7, it should allow the Watch Series 3 to update. Are you sure this is a version 3. If you are, then you may need to contact Apple Support for assistance. See this for help with updating the watchOS. Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support It also explains how to check what version of Watch you happen to have as well.

I have a series 3 Apple Watch that will not progress past the update settings. I have tried everything restarting my phone and watch and nothing is working. It will say your Apple Watch is up to date but will not give me an option to go past that.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.